inext updates firmware for the most recent devices
The inext team keeps working to provide you with the best inext media players’ experience. Today we would like to share with you some details over the most recent firmware update designed to make our devices superior.
The firmware update has been released for the following set-top boxes: inext TV5 and inext TV5 Ultra (January 17, 2023). The update is automatic, it only requires Internet access and confirmation in the menu.
- Date: 17.01.2023
- Update time: 5-15 minutes
- Size: 670 MB
List of updates included:
- Optimization for all applications either on the first start or immidiately after update;
- Added optional forced RGB mode for older TVs;
- Redesigned the built-in video player;
- Expedited the program guide processing for WEB-IPTV portals (IPTV);
- Compatibility with the new inext remote control app for iOS/iPadOS devices;
- Improved keyboard performance when paired with a virtual remote control on a smartphone;
- Fixed auto audio track selection in IPTV application;
- Added start page selection in web browser;
- Improved Alcatraz system and updates;
- Feature for operators: advanced remote customization and software OTA update system;
- Latest security updates;
- Fixed minor bugs.
Important! We recommend you to update inext software online automatically. An R&D team works on each update to fix critical bugs and increase the performance of set-top boxes.
How to update inext firmware? – step-by-step tutorial
- inext is updated automatically and the whole process takes 5 to 15 minutes depending on your device model and internet connection speed.
- You will receive an on-screen notification message once the firmware update is available. Press “Update”.
- After the update file is downloaded your inext will reboot to install it. Hold-on and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once firmware update installation is complete you will see your usual home screen menu, and you may enjoy your updated inext.